The Shed will open on 2 June 2020
Thanks to a lot of hard work by our President Steve and the assistance of local member Sandy Bolton the shed has been cleared to open by the Deputy Premier Stephen Miles. However, the virus is still a threat and a number of precautions are required to keep us all safe.
The following rules have been developed by your committee, within State Government rules for attendance at the Noosa Men's Shed. Some additional rules have been developed by individual Shed coordinators and will be advised within these activities.
- Woodwork Shed - maximum 10 persons socially distanced as per marked work stations
- Metal Shed - maximum 10 persons socially distanced as per marked work stations
- Hobby Shed - maximum 6 persons socially distanced at all times.
- Cobbers Shed - maximum 6 persons socially distanced at all times
- Studio - maximum 3 persons socially distanced at all times
- Office - 1 person
- Long Shed - shut with the exception of toilets at southern end.
- Garden/Outdoor - maximum 20 persons in a group, socially distanced within the group and from all other groups.
- All these numbers will be complied with on a first in basis. As attendance is gauged additional hours/days will be offered.
- We encourage all members attending the Shed complex to download the Commonwealth Government COVID App and to have the 2020 Flu vaccination.
- Any member who has any symptoms of cold, flu or any similar illness not to attend shed under any circumstances.
- Social distancing must be observed at all times. Strictly no hand shaking or personal contact.
- Hands to be sanitised at the provided stations on each and every entry and exit to/from buildings.
- All socialising to be outside the buildings for the convenience of all members and then with strict adherence to social distancing rules.
- On arrival members must sign in without exception. Sign in will acknowledge compliance with the list of conditions on the sign displayed above the register. (Please note anyone not signed in will not be covered under our Insurance Cover) Consumables & Activities of $2-00 per attendance is payable unless you have paid the annual fee of $100 in addition to Membership Fee.
- Until further relaxation of rules no visitors or new members will be admitted.
- Members must bring their own morning tea and cups if required. Morning tea groups must not exceed 20 even in open spaces.
These rules and guidelines will be under ongoing review by your committee but will remain in place until further updates/advices.
As your committee we strongly appeal to all members for your cooperation in compliance with these rules to assist the Noosa Men's Shed to remain open and maintain the safest possible environment for all.